Sunday, September 30, 2012

WAS Liberty Profile has a weird requirement

There is a weird requirement on using Websphere Application Server Liberty Profile where the workspace path must not have any space in the folder name, especially in Windows. This is apply to any WAS version.

This happen during the runtime mode where the server is started, and wait till the web is being loaded. Then there is a bunch of error complaining that the JARs in WEB-INF/lib are not found even though the path is correct.

I use to put my workspace right under my user account folder, say C:/Documents and Settings/huahsin68/workspace. This is due to the practice influence from Linux where my development path is like this /home/huahsin68/workspace.

Notice that I don't have any space in between the workspace path under Linux, no wonder I don't see any error in Linux.

No comments: