Sunday, February 3, 2013

Successfully configure LDAP in CentOS

I think I have successfully setup the LDAP server locate in CentOS. Yes, finally I have successfully configure it. When I search on something that doesn't exists, ldapsearch -x -b "dc=huahsin,dc=org", I see No such object in output.
# search result
search: 2
result: 32 No such object

When I search something exist, ldapsearch -x -b "dc=stratus,dc=local", I see Success in output.
# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success
HowTO: Setup an LDAP server and Client CentOS 6.2 PREAMBLE: OK, so I have been struggling with this for a while because of an "undocumented feature", or at least undocumented from what I could find. I have read 2 RHCE books thus far. Neither of them gave any indication as to what the problem was or how to fix it.

No comments: