Sunday, September 27, 2009

A note on BlackBerry JDE plug-in for Eclipse

I found there are some tricky part on installing BlackBerry Plug-in on Eclipse. Actually there was a sequence on installing the plug-in for Eclipse. If not, the BlackBerry Project wouldn't appear in New Project Selection Wizard.

I have install BlackBerry JDE v4.7 Component Pack into my Eclipse v3.4 Ganymede, but anyhow I couldn't see any BlackBerry project in the New Project Selection Wizard when I'm creating a new project. I did restart my Eclipse but it still couldn't solve the problem. Until I have install BlackBerry JDE Plug-in Full Installer, then only I can see there is a BlackBerry project in the New Project Selection Wizard.

The Full Installer is come with the BlackBerry JDE v4.5 Component Pack, initially I though it would overwrite my current Component Pack v4.7. Fortunately it wouldn't. Thus the sequence of installing is:-
  1. Install the BlackBerry JDE Plug-in Full Installer
  2. Install the BlackBerry JDE v4.7 Component Pack
Either way, I have installed the second option then only installed the first option. It still work!


[resource]
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/javaappdev/javaeclipseplug.jsp

No comments: