Sunday, September 6, 2009

Thrift in my project

In order to get the thing working right, first is to ensure that you are getting the right thing. This is very bad because I have spend a couple of time to solve this stupid error. I was working on the Linux platform and the version I get from someone is in Windows version. During the configuration, I got an error complaining that the SVN is not compatible with current version. My SVN version in Linux is 1.4.6, and the SVN version require is 1.5. I am running out of clue in solving this problem although I have upgrade my SVN version to 1.5. What I did is to remove all the .SVN hidden folder in the Thrift directory, and it works!

Not there yet, the next error after this is Unrecognised command line option "-mno-cygwin". From here then I know it is definitely not for Linux platform. After getting the right version everything going happily except one thing, which is to set a proxy server for ANT in order for this tool to download additional package for the compilation. Here is the solution and make sure this is done in super user mode.

export ANT_OPTS = "-Dhttp.proxyHost= -Dhttp.proxyPort=8080"

And the last note is to ensure that Thrift was install under /usr/local/src.

No comments: