Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Steps required to start up HSQLDB in Fedora 16

Finally I have my HSQLDB setup in Fedora 16. It took me sometimes to set it up because it was really hard to find a good tutorial and really understand the whole process.

1. Extract the tool into a location called HSQLDB_HOME.
2. Create a file named server.properties and at following content into it:
server.database.0=file:db0/db0
server.dbname.0=testdb

3. Launch the database server by using following command in CLI:
java -classpath HSQLDB_HOME/hsqldb/lib/hsqldb.jar org.hsqldb.server.Server --database.0 file:db0/db0 --dbname.0 testdb

4. Connect to DB server using a GUI tool by using following command in CLI:

java org.hsqldb.util.DatabaseManagerSwing

5. Connect the DB by using following URL:

jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/testdb

That's about the steps required to run HSQLDB. The DB is ready to be use so that tomorrow I can start my lesson in Hibernate.

No comments: