Sunday, June 17, 2012

I feel the great prosperity in 2012

Feeling so great now. Reviewing my pass, it has been a tough time for me. Back to 2010 and 2011, it was a challenging time for me to change my career to be a mobile developer or to be a JAVA developer. Looking at the future of C++, most of the job are mainly focus on mediation work, which is to me, could be a rather boring.

To quickest way to choose my career path is do it together. How? I first started off to get some freelance job on mobile work to test my ability while maintaining my day job. This was a real challenge to me because I got no coding experience on mobile development, yet, my time management is a real sucks.

In the mean time, I start to discover JAVA programming. This is for my next career advancement. Again, this is another tough time for me. Basically I need to focus on 3 things:
  1. Mobile programming
  2. Java programming.
  3. Day job task assignment. (as I required to study C++ Boost programming)
There was a crash time in 2011, when I was in the midst of transitioning my skill from C++ to JAVA, where I need to pick up my skills in Spring and Hibernate while tackling problems in mobile development. Anyhow, I manage to overcome every single issues, thanks to the support from forum on mobile development, and great helps from my architect, Mr. Kah Wai, in boosting up my JAVA skills.

A big thank you to him because he teach me everything on JAVA, and now I am able to work independently and execute every JAVA tasks assigned to me. Since I have joined this company, I have been proposing to adopt some new JAVA technology into the development. I would like to emphasize that I don't know all this thing, just that I knew what need to be done, but I don't know how. I know because my architect told me a lot of issues happened in JAVA development. I really appreciate on the help from him.

Reaching to age 30, it is a next checkpoint on my destination. I am very clear that my direction is on JAVA. Not only that, I am also contributing my work to open source during my free time, and enjoying my hobby in the weekend.

Work life balance. Cheers~

No comments: