Monday, January 28, 2013

Linux kernel is updated but VirtualBox is not update

Just did an upgrade on my Linux kernel to 3.7.3-101.fc17.x86_64 in my Fedora 17 anyhow this have cause my VirtualBox Linux kernel driver (vboxdrv) not able loaded. When I tried to load it manually /etc/sysconfig/modules/VirtualBox.modules, it failed and throwing me this rubbish:

ERROR: Module vboxdrv not found.
ERROR: Module vboxnetflt not found.
ERROR: Module vboxnetadp not found.

Then I tried this /etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup, I get this:

bash: /etc/init.d/vboxdrv: No such file or directory


I did also try VirtualBox-OSE-kmodsrc, follow by service vboxdrv setup, I get this:

Redirecting to /bin/systemctl setup  vboxdrv.service
Unknown operation 'setup'.

My last option is to check on the VirtualBox kernel module version, I found out that it is not up to date as it is still stick to the old version of 3.6.6. This remind me it did happened to me before long time ago where VirtualBox kernel module have to be update manually whenever Linux kernel is updated.

After this make a manual load and the VirtualBox is back to normal. What a mess ;o)

No comments: