Saturday, May 18, 2013

Bootstrap.jar was not found in classpath?

I was working on Tomcat 7 and I suspecting there are some problem with my existing Tomcat installation, thus I decided to re-download again to make sure a clean copy was use in my development. This time I download it into another folder name to ensure the old Tomcat directory is no longer using. Here is the problem, when I start the server, I get the following error:

The archive: D:/tool/Tomcat7/bin/bootstrap.jar which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist.

What a joke? My existing project (in Eclipse) was not reflected by the new Tomcat location? No, not that way. I mean take a look at the server classpath, goto Run -> Debug/Run Configuration -> Classpath tab, notice that the new bootstrap.jar path was there but the old path were still remain. Thus I have to manually remove the one and put the new one in exactly the same order as the existing one.

No comments: