Monday, January 12, 2015

Adding Tomcat plugin into existing Maven configuration

I have an existing POM which have been configure to use WAS Liberty Profile as my development, and now I'm going to add new configuration that could support Tomcat as well. I'm wondering whether this will harm my project? I'm also worry there will be lot of work need to be done.

Basically I was wrong, and I was so wrong. I did the experiment, it will not harm my existing configuration. All I need to do is to add following pieces into existing POM with the goal clean install tomcat7:run and the web app will fly.
    <build>
        ...

        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.tomcat.maven</groupId>
                <artifactId>tomcat7-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.0</version>
            </plugin>

            ...
            ...
        </plugins>
    </build>

No comments: