Saturday, July 4, 2009

Screen Resolution on S60

As I developing S60 application, I am facing a very tricking problem where the screen resolution was so different in between the emulator and the real phone. Thus I raise my problem in Nokia forum regarding on my issue.

The feedback I get from was disappointing me because this problem is a general defect of emulator. This is impossible to develop one emulator that cater for so many hand held devices with different resolution. Someone has suggest me to use J2ME Polish and LWUIT to solve my problem. But anyhow, this is not a guarantee solution which will not working 100% on the way that you want.

Please note that J2ME Polish use heavy preprocessing and it create a JAR file for every single devices whereas is fairly screen adaptive technology.

No comments: