Saturday, February 7, 2009

My Open Source Empire

Recently I was using Microsoft's virtualPC to be my test ground on Linux. After a while I notice that it doesn't work well on Linux, for example, the display doesn't support correctly or the display totally crash/corrupted. Thus when I was looking for a powerful virtual machine, just like VMWare, and it must be free, I found VirtualBox. The functionality are almost similar to VMWare, good to try it out and abandon Microsoft's virtualPC (it doesn't Linux).

Now I have Linux to be my main working OS, Open Office to be my reporting tools, Umbrello to be my software design specification, and now I have VirtualBox to be my test ground. I can even have wine to run Windows software on Linux.

This is really cool. I love open source.

No comments: